Happy new year!! Hope you all are still keeping safe at this time? I just feel like sharing my own two cents on this topic, since it has helped me a lot, even though there is no lockdown where I am right now.
Last year during the lockdown in my country, I gained a few kilos and it wasn’t funny at all. I just kept feeling heavier and heavier while I was waiting for gyms to re-open. When I saw that it was going to take a while, I knew I had to do something about it. Here are the few things I did, which helped me lose over 10kgs.
- Weigh yourself and take note of it weekly: This is very important guys, because seeing your progress on the scale will motivate you and keep you going.
- Join a group and stay accountable: Accountability is key, depending on your preference, you should get one or two people to stay accountable to. They will help keep you focused on your goal.
- Intermittent fasting: This has worked for many people and can work for you if you do it right. Just make sure that when you break your fast, you are not over feeding with too many calories, also dont eat too close to your bed time.
- Daily home workouts: Something as little as taking daily walks will get you in shape if you stay consistent. You may chose to workout on weekdays and rest over the weekend, the secret is consistency. There are loads of free home workouts on youtube that you can do in the comfort of your home, weather you have equipments or not. My advise is that your should find what works for you.
- Apple cider vinegar: Take a table spoon full diluted with a glass of water at least 20mins before breakfast and 20mins before dinner daily. If you have a history of stomack ulcer, please avoid this. Apple cider has fat burning properties and it also aids in digestion.
- Portion control: How many times have I mentioned this on this blog? LOL!! You can’t keep eating large portions of food and expect to see a change.